We are now in 2018! A new year begins. What happened in December?
- Many, many pre-payment of all kinds for taxes. Money that should come back in the next few months.
- Several credit card openings for churning.
- Some unexpected expenses due to illness in the family. 🙁
- Christmas! Santa decided to spoil the kids this year.
The Networth is therefore slightly downward! But these are investments that will payoff in the next few months when my taxes refund will come.
Assets: 996 139 (-0.37%)
- Liquid: $18919
- Property: 840 000 $
- Investment 401 (k): $57 018 (+ 4.56%)
- Investment Brokerage: $47 395 (+ 3.33%)
- Roth IRA Investment:
- Myself: $11313 (-0.05%)
- Spouse: $11193 (-0.09%)
Liabilities: $707 362 (-0.46%)
- Car loan: $6518 (-2.44%)
I want to pay off that loan The interest rate is 3.24%, do I get 3.24% return with my cash in my emergency fund? No… but I want to accumulate $15000 in floating cash so I can churn several bank account bonuses.
- Mortgage: $712 748 (-0.18%)
Debt/asset Ratio: 72.21% (+ 0.13%)
Total net worth: $276 749 (-0.83%) Usd
Converted to CAD: $348 192 (-1.69%) Cad
In December, we still get a savings rate of 14%, the income are $19113 (3 paychecks!) and expenses of $17530 (phew!…).
Why the loss of money then? Good question. I made my update late (we are already in mid-January!) and there seems to be an error of 3k and 1k on investments and credit card respectively. I may already be at 280k as a net worth. I will ignore it and the next month will surprise me instead !